Part of working in a community is supporting that community. We are dedicated to working together to strengthen the communities where we operate. Review the 2018 Sustainability Report for more information on activities in 2018 through the Employee Giving Fun, including HomeFront NJ and the 6th Annual Week of Service, ARM & HAMMER™ to the Rescue, and Workplace Safety.
We feel strongly that, as a member of the communities where we operate, our success should be shared. To that end, in 2005, we established the Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund, Inc. (EGF), a workplace giving program that primarily supports charitable organizations in the communities in New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania. In the years since its inception, the EGF has become a cherished part of our culture. Through 2018, the EGF has awarded about 1,800 grants totaling over $11 Million to charitable organizations throughout the areas where our employees live and work.
Each year, we invite our employees to dedicate a portion of their paychecks to the EGF. We encourage employee donations by offering employees additional time off depending on their level of giving, and matching all employee contributions dollar for dollar, with no cap.
Through our annual grant process in 2018, the EGF awarded $1.2 million to 183 deserving organizations in a variety of areas, including animal rescue, disadvantaged youth, domestic violence, education, health, homelessness, hunger relief, military services, preservation of the environment, services for the elderly, and the visual and performing arts.
Our grant review committee, made up of a cross-section of volunteer employees, assess grants using some of the following guidelines:
- The EGF only rewards grants to organizations that have been designated as 501(c)(3) non-profits by the federal government.
- Heavy emphasis is placed upon organizations that have Church & Dwight Co., Inc. employee sponsors.
- In most cases, grants are only awarded to non-profits who provide direct programming where our employees live and work, primarily in the New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania region near our Corporate Headquarters.
- Our annual grants do not exceed $12,000 each and our average grant awarded in 2017 was approximately $6,700.
The timeline for the EGF's annual grant process is generally as follows:
- February: Applications made available via this website at the following link
- Mid-April: Application deadline for all organizations seeking financial support
- May-August: EGF Grant Application review process
- September-October: Notification and distribution of grant awards