Part of working in a community is supporting that community. We are dedicated to working together to strengthen the communities where we operate. Review the 2020 Sustainability Report for more information on activities in 2020 through the Employee Giving Fund.
We feel strongly that, as a member of the communities where we operate, our success should be shared. In 2005, we established the Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund, Inc. (EGF), a 501(c)(3) workplace giving program that supports charitable organizations where our employees work and live. Over the past 15 years since its inception, the EGF has become a cherished part of our culture, and has awarded nearly 2,200 grants totaling over $14 million to charitable organizations in the U.S.
Each year, the EGF is supported by employee contributions, which are matched dollar for dollar by Church & Dwight Co., Inc. Employees are encouraged to sponsor their favorite charities in the application process, and funding preference is given to those organizations with an employee sponsor. The EGF is another example of how our employees engage in local causes in which they have a personal interest.
Our grant review committee, made up of a cross-section of volunteer employees, assess grants using some of the following guidelines:
- The EGF only rewards grants to organizations that have been designated as 501(c)(3) non-profits by the federal government.
- Heavy emphasis is placed upon organizations that have Church & Dwight Co., Inc. employee sponsors.
- In most cases, grants are only awarded to non-profits who provide direct programming where our employees live and work, primarily in the New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania region near our Corporate Headquarters.
- Our annual grants do not exceed $12,000 each.
The timeline for the EGF's annual grant process is generally as follows:
- February: Applications made available via this website at the following link
- Mid-April: Application deadline for all organizations seeking financial support
- May-August: EGF Grant Application review process
- September-October: Notification and distribution of grant awards
- Coordination of employee volunteering activities throughout the year, including EGF's Annual Week of Service, as well as local summer camp and holiday dinner service for disadvantaged youth
- Management of charitable collections throughout the year, including backpacks for back-to-school in August and toys and winter coat drives in December
- Sponsorship of charitable fundraising efforts of individual employees (i.e. 5k run)
We are now using a digital format for our grant applications. If you would like to submit an application, please contact your Church & Dwight Employee Sponsor.