Part of working in a community is supporting that community. We are dedicated to working together to strengthen the communities where we operate.
We feel strongly that, as a member of the communities where we operate, our success should be shared. To that end, in 2005, we established the Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund, Inc. (EGF), a workplace giving program that primarily supports charitable organizations in the communities in New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania. In the years since its inception, the EGF has become a cherished part of our culture. Through 2017, the EGF has awarded about 1,700 grants totaling almost $10 Million to charitable organizations throughout the areas where our employees live and work.
Each year, we invite our employees to dedicate a portion of their paychecks to the EGF. We encourage employee donations by offering employees additional time off depending on their level of giving, and matching all employee contributions dollar for dollar, with no cap.
In 2017, about 60% of the Ewing and Princeton employees pledged their support to the EGF, with an average annual financial contribution per participating employee of over $1,300.
In 2017, over $70,000 was donated from the EGF to assist with relief and recovery efforts following the devastating hurricanes, floods, and wildfires throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
Our grant review committee, made up of a cross-section of volunteer employees, assess grants using some of the following guidelines:
- The EGF only rewards grants to organizations that have been designated as 501(c)(3) non-profits by the federal government.
- Heavy emphasis is placed upon organizations that have Church & Dwight Co., Inc. employee sponsors.
- In most cases, grants are only awarded to non-profits who provide direct programming where our employees live and work, primarily in the New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania region near our Corporate Headquarters.
- Our annual grants do not exceed $12,000 each and our average grant awarded in 2017 was approximately $6,700.
The timeline for the EGF's annual grant process is generally as follows:
- February: Applications made available via this website at the following link
- Mid-April: Application deadline for all organizations seeking financial support
- May-August: EGF Grant Application review process
- September-October: Notification and distribution of grant awards