Part of working in a community is supporting that community. We are dedicated to working together to strengthen the communities where we operate. Review the 2018 Sustainability Report for more information on activities in 2018 through the Employee Giving Fun, including HomeFront NJ and the 6th Annual Week of Service, ARM & HAMMER™ to the Rescue, and Workplace Safety.
We feel strongly that, as a member of the communities where we operate, our success should be shared. To that end, in 2005, we established the Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund, Inc. (EGF), a 501(c)(3) workplace giving program that primarily supports charitable organizations in our local communities. In the years since its inception, the EGF has become a cherished part of our culture. Through 2018, the EGF has awarded about 1,800 grants totaling over $11 Million to charitable organizations throughout the areas where our employees live and work.
Each year, EGF is supported by employee contributions, which are matched dollar for dollar by Church & Dwight Co., Inc. The EGF provides our employees with the means to financially assist those who are less fortunate, to actively support and participate in the good works of not-for-profit organizations dedicated to that end, and to direct our contributions to their preferred charitable organizations.
Through our annual grant process in 2018, the EGF awarded $1.2 million to 183 deserving organizations in a variety of areas, including animal rescue, disadvantaged youth, domestic violence, education, health, homelessness, hunger relief, military services, preservation of the environment, services for the elderly, and the visual and performing arts.
Our grant review committee, made up of a cross-section of volunteer employees, assess grants using some of the following guidelines:
- The EGF only rewards grants to organizations that have been designated as 501(c)(3) non-profits by the federal government.
- Heavy emphasis is placed upon organizations that have Church & Dwight Co., Inc. employee sponsors.
- In most cases, grants are only awarded to non-profits who provide direct programming where our employees live and work, primarily in the New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania region near our Corporate Headquarters.
- Our annual grants do not exceed $12,000 each and our average grant awarded in 2018 was approximately $6,600..
The timeline for the EGF's annual grant process is generally as follows:
- February: Applications made available via this website at the following link
- Mid-April: Application deadline for all organizations seeking financial support
- May-August: EGF Grant Application review process
- September-October: Notification and distribution of grant awards
- Coordination of employee volunteering activities throughout the year, including EGF's Annual Week of Service that had over 380 employees donate over 1000 hours of service in our surrounding communities in 2018, as well as local summer camp and holiday dinner service for disadvantaged youth
- Management of charitable collections throughout the year, including backpacks for back-to-school in August and toys and winter coat drives in December
- Sponsorship of charitable fundraising efforts of individual employees (i.e. 5k run)
We are now using a digital format for our grant applications. If you would like to submit an application, please contact your Church & Dwight Employee Sponsor.